AUM LifeTech is currently hiring a Research Scientist to advance our discovery and preclinical programs using our next generation RNA silencing technology. Our goal is to build a research team of driven scientists focused on developing Nucleic Acids based therapeutics. We are looking for an innovative scientific explorer who has experience in studying neurodegenerative diseases and diseases of the central nervous system.
AUM LifeTech is a Philadelphia based startup biotechnology company focused on the development of personalized medicine using Nucleic Acids Therapeutics. We are looking for passionate and highly motivated individuals who wish to have a front row seat to innovate the future of medicine. It will be challenging but at the same time it will be fun and extremely gratifying. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to grow and advance their professional and personal life with the company and work towards a shared mission. At AUM, we believe that the only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of scientific productivity. The individual will participate in strategic discussions, collaborate across partner lines and coordinate program activities. Candidate should be able to translate basic research findings into novel therapeutic strategies that may eventually support clinical drug development.
• Apply scientific and technical expertise to drug discovery programs to impact the future of new drug candidate development.
• Conceptualize and design experiments for disease models.
• Provide scientific inputs in identifying, evaluating, innovating and developing novel preclinical opportunities.
• Author patent applications.
• Author manuscripts for quality publications in top-tier journals.
• Grant writing. Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
• Monitor and expand progress of company’s existing research projects and coordinate related tasks.
• Maintain awareness of scientific and technical developments in the field.
• Conduct literature reviews.
• Experience in basic/translational research and development.
• Experience in technologies like RNA silencing (antisense or RNAi), shRNA and/or gene editing platforms like CRISPR.
• Experience in early stage drug development is a plus.
• Consistent publication record in peer reviewed journals (patents are a plus).
• Experience in grant writing is recommended but not required.
• Ability to work in a startup environment.
• Experience in performing in vitro, in vivo and ex vivo experiments.
• Candidate should be able to review the literature to formulate new ideas and have the ability to work independently as well as with an interdisciplinary team of scientists in a highly collaborative environment.
• Strong conceptual innovating thinking and ability to integrate input from diverse fields of research and drug development.
• Strong communication and public presentation skills.
• Strong aptitude in problem-solving.
• Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple programs.
• Strong results driven personality, high level of enthusiasm, motivation, and energy.
• Flexibility to acquire additional competencies and skill sets as mandated by the changing needs of the organization.
Education Requirements: Ph.D. or M.D. degree (M.D./Ph.D. is a plus) with relevant experience.
Pay Range: Commensurate with level of experience.
To apply please e-mail a brief statement of interest and CV to email@example.com.